Ms. Roxanne Meadows attended Moore College of Art and received a B.F.A. from Maryland Institute of Art. She studied technical and architectural rendering and model making under Jacque Fresco for 4 years. Today, she is an accomplished and well-known technical and architectural illustrator and model maker. Ms. Meadows is a competent scientific and medical illustrator. She also has a private pilot license.
Since 1985, Ms. Meadows supplied architectural renderings, models and design work to major developers and architects throughout the country. She was president and founder of Architectural Arts Inc., which continued this service from 1997 to 2008.
A few of the many clients of Architectural Arts Inc. are:
- Disney Development Corp. – Orlando, FL
- Westinghouse Communities – Naples, FL
- The Lutgert Companies – Naples, FL
- Bonita Bay Properties – Bonita Springs, FL
- Atlantic Gulf Communities – Miami, FL
- CRSA Inc. – Memphis, Tennessee
- Krystal Key Development Corp.- Ft. Worth, TX
- Wilbraham and Monson Academy – Wilbraham, MA
She taught technical and fine arts at the Sebring and Lake Placid Art Center and has worked as a computer animator for Ken Sneeden and Associates.
From 1975 to the present, she has worked with renowned futurist Jacque Fresco to develop and promote The Venus Project. The function of this project is to find alternative solutions to the many problems that confront the world today. She participated in the exterior and interior design and construction of the buildings of The Venus Project’s 21-acre research and planning center. Here, Ms. Meadows has filmed and edited educational videos:
- Produced and edited Paradise or Oblivion
- Welcome to the Future, produced by Roxanne Meadows and Jacque Fresco, edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- A Conversation with Social Innovator & Futurist Jacque Fresco, produced, directed, and edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Self-Erecting Structures produced and directed by Roxanne Meadows and Jacque Fresco. Edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Cities in the Sea, produced and directed by Roxanne Meadows and Jacque Fresco. Edited by Roxanne Meadows.
- Designing the Future, produced, edited and directed by Roxanne Meadows.
- The Venus Project Tour, produced, filmed and edited by Roxanne Meadows.
Roxanne Meadows collaborated in much of the writing, in addition to acting as design consultant, for the project’s many publications.
- Organized Jacque Fresco’s writing for the book The Best That Money Can’t Buy: Beyond Politics, Poverty & War, and designed the layout of the book
- Organized Jacque Fresco’s writing for the book Designing The Future.
- Co-writer of the essay “Reinventing Iraq” for the book In The Shadow of War, a series edited by Arthur B. Shostak, Ph.D.
- Co-writer of the essay “Beyond Utopia” for the book Utopian Thinking in Sociology: Creating the Good Society, edited and compiled by Arthur B. Shostak, Ph.D.
Roxanne Meadows prepared blueprints, models and renderings for various city and other proposals presented by The Venus Project and Future by Design over the last 35 years. Many of these have appeared in numerous newspapers and magazines, as well as on television, in documentaries, movies, websites, and blogs.
She, along with Mr. Fresco, has lectured and conducted seminars throughout the world as a futurist
presenting the aims of Future by Design.
21 Valley Lane Venus,
Florida USA 33960